New Skilled Occupation List – Immigration
Applying for a work visa to Australia?
The new Skilled Occupation List comes into effect on 1?July, 2016.
This list is?issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and governs who is eligible for certain kinds of work visas. It sets out a list of occupations which are considered to be in short supply in Australia. Priority is given to applicants qualified in one of the listed occupations.
If you lodged a valid application prior to 1 July the changes will have no effect on your application.
Those occupations flagged for removal from the Skilled Occupations List relate largely to dentistry and the mining industry.
Occupations removed from the list were:
- Mining Engineer (Excluding Petroleum) (ANZSCO 233611)
- Petroleum Engineer (ANZSCO 233612)
- Metallurgist (ANZSCO 234912)
- Environmental Health Officer (ANZSCO 251311)
- Occupational Health and Safety Adviser (ANZSCO 251312)
- Dental Hygienist (ANZSCO 411211)
- Dental Prosthetist (ANZSCO 411212)
- Dental Technician (ANZSCO 411213)
- Dental Therapist (ANZSCO 411214).
Occupations added to the list were:
- Orthotist or Prosthetist (ANZSCO 251912)
- Audiologist (ANZSCO 252711)
If you are uncertain as to how these changes might affect you, or if you need help with any other immigration question call Alan Rigas Solicitors on +61 2 9635 5333 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org